Welcome to Southend's Linux User Group
Saturday 1st March to celebrate Eben Upton's - Raspberry Pi's second birthday since it's launch we are holding an all day event. If you would like to contribute to the event please contact us at email@example.com. We have in mind to provide where possible sessions to learn soldering of wires and components to PCB and to program devices using the Raspberry Pi in Python. If you can add or contribute we would love to here from you. Again please email firstname.lastname@example.org (marketing officer)Presenting emergentvalue.co.uk Build your own Traffic Lights and proximity sensor
Presenting piborg.org Build your own Robot
EventBright please use this link to register your interest to attend.
|Temporary Art Project|
|Nearest Railstation is Prittlewell|
Nearest Bus stop Blue Boar Victoria Road
We are open from 7pm each Monday
Please be aware the Nelson Pub has now been turned into flats
Our Weekly Meetings
Every Monday from 7pm
Why should I attend
- Perhaps you want to start a project and need help.
- You are interested in Linux, Programming, Design or Hacking
- Seek the advice from members for the latest Linux OS software or applications
- Embrace or improve your skills base and / or help others
- Get involved with our club, Southend on Sea Linux User Group
- Have fun being geeky, nerdy or techy with people who like you for who not what you are
- Build projects for the Raspberry PI, Arduinos, Robots, Bitcoin mining rigs, Solar powered and Solar tracking Arduinos, 3D printing and much more besides
- Gain your expertise on the Internet, Wireless, Openmesh, SSH, SCP, HTTPS, Amazon AWS for free
What happens at SoSLUGSome MAKING of projects.
WRITING of scripts and code.
Workshops, Lectures and presentations.
Click here for SoSLUG Events
Covering subjects such as:-
What do I bring
At our weekly meeting, members and non members can hang out socialise, collaborate and participate, you can bring your laptops, PC or your projects and or any interesting ideas. All you really need bring is yourself and of course any friends. Many people often bring snacks with them to share on the night, presumably to feed the enthusiasm.
Who will be there
Everyone is welcome, both members and non-members and of almost any age. It tends to be a nice mix of regulars, irregulars and some new faces, this is most definitely not an all male domain, we do have at least one female member as well.
You can look around for free, talk with members of the club at your discretion, our Membership is £24 per year and whilst we would welcome your support it is not essential, especially if your limited in funds.
You can attend any one of our weekly meetings. The format is informal, so you don't need any computing skills to join.